Friday, January 14, 2011

A good side of Compton California

As we prepare for our 2011 Breaking The Silence Conference, I want us all to be mindful that it is not the location that we should fear, but the possible acts that can be found there.  Even in the mist of negative press, beauty can be found.  I am using my most recent trip to Compton, California to say, I believe.  As a born and raised person from Kansas, I only had what my ears had heard to form my opinion about Compton, California. With the growth in the Hip-Hop culture, Compton has received some bad or negative press form both Hip-Hop artists as well as news organizations from around the country.  So you can imagine my surprise or thrill when for the first time in my life, I was able to pick a lemon growing on a tree in Compton.  My immediate thought was how I had never heard anyone talking about picking a lemon off a tree in Compton.  It was a very satisfying experience.  I could not help but think about a diamond in the rough.  It made me remember, how God will always find a way to show he is supreme.

I too say, God Bless America!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment